Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

Five For Friday


 
 We have still been working on dinosaurs this week.  I allowed for some "discovery time" at the end of the day on Thursday.  I had several dinosaur puzzles, dinosaur play sets, and more.  I divided the students into five groups.  It was so nice to see them learning and discovering together.



 
We also worked on volcanoes this week.  A student from my room brought in a piece of hardened lava from a volcano in Hawaii.  We labeled a volcano on chart paper as a class.  Then, students completed the labeling independently at their tables.  I think my students enjoyed the Diet Coke and Mentos experiment the best.  You can see their reaction on the video below.  Please don't laugh at me.  (he he he)  I am 38 weeks pregnant and was scared it would "erupt" all over me.  I also missed several Mentos from getting into the Diet Coke.


Our good friend and coworker Tina Niehaus {Warm and Fuzzy in First Grade}  has opened up a TpT store.  She has this super cute short vowel printable freebie over at her store.  She has come a long way from learning how to use her laptop to now making her own teacher resources!  You can click on the picture below to go grab up this freebie!

I am loving these new Scentos that we got at the Indiana Teacher Blogger Meet Up!  My kiddos love Scentos so much and they are always begging for me to use them on their papers.    These will be available at Back to School time!  Make sure you check out all of the other great stuff wen got at the Indiana Blogger Meet up in the blog hop this weekend!

Don't forget about the April Free-For-All!  You can grab up some great free samples of products and short freebies!  Click below to get to our facebook page to start the hop!



Have a great weekend!

Stephanie & Stephany

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! I want to come discover dinosaurs & volcanoes with you! How AWESOME! Umm, those markers are my favorite too!!!! Great markers are a teachers best friends! Have a great weekend:)
    Love, Dianna
    Sassy, Savvy, Simple Teaching

    ReplyDelete