Image Map

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Carrots

Carrots are so much fun to teach during my plant unit.  I love the story The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss.  The pictures are simple.  It is always a favorite of my kinders (and me).

The Scholastic Book Fair was at our school this week.  If your school is like mine, the Book Fair makes a lot of profit from the teachers in the building.  I think I visited the Book Fair daily.  I ended by buying Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds.


So I went searching... of course on TpT.  I found a unit called Creepy Carrots Literacy Activities and Stations by Sherri Caballero.  I was so excited!!  Not only that the price was unbeatable, but also because she is an incredible woman and teacher who lives just a few miles down the road from me!!
Here are some pictures and activities from this week's lesson on carrots...


Of course we had to have a craftivity!!  I cut rectangles out of construction paper and directed students how to make cuts until they ended up with this creation!!
 
Debbie Clement always says that students should not have a cookie cutter design.  I think she would enjoy our creations that are in the hallway this week!
I was most impressed with student writing.  Students worked hard and were engaged in their writing.  We used the beginning, middle, and end retelling sheet to retell the story.

I also like how the standards are included on each page. 

Endless Possibilities,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment